I had to travel half way around the world to find you, but I'm glad I did. Actually, I'm past the point of being glad. I am positively grateful.
Good friends are said to be hard to find. That must mean that great friends can only be found when your past the point of looking. We didn't look too far, we didn't really look at all. We just found each other, simply, easily, and that was it. We were hooked. Best friends for life, no exceptions.
People say friends are hard to leave. This is an understatement. Leaving a friend is like leaving a part of yourself behind, and taking a part of them with you. This is why you feel your heart tearing apart, because however much you try, your friends are as much a part of you as you are of them. You have made me who I am. You've changed me, for better or for worse, but I'm grateful that you did, because having a part of you is the greatest gift I could ever receive.
I've heard it said that great friends are impossible to forget. This one, is totally and utterly true. You have left a handprint on my heart, and no matter how many other friends I make, that hand print will shine brightly, always a reminder of you. It unfathomable to even think that I could forget you. The times we've had, the nonsense we've talked about, the lame jokes we've made, the tears we've shed, the laughter we've spent and everything that I have experienced in every second of your presence has made me love you all the more. Impossible to forget, you truly are. You'll forever be in my mind, heart and soul and I know that forever more, whatever happens, we'll always be the best of friends, because if I was to forget you, I would have to first forget myself. That's how important you are.
You light up the night sky so that I can see my way home in the dark, you brighten up my days so that I can go on laughing, you make the room warmer so that I don't freeze in the cold, but most of all, your my guidance, you get me through the days so that I always see the better side of things.
I'll never forget you. We may end up what feels like light years apart, but our friendship will always burn bright because we are one. You are me, and I am you. Together or apart, we're always shining along side one another. I'd swim the ocean for you, thrice over, because you my friend, are too wonderful to leave behind. You are my star.
Thank you, for being you, and making me me.
-KELSEY
No comments:
Post a Comment