Sunday, April 10, 2011

[What i am quite certain to be] Chapter 23: The Art of Book Reports

Book reports. Book reports. Book reports.
Yes, I have to admit, I do read quite a lot. Therefore, logic says book reports should basically be no problem. Whip up a summary, write down a few randomly sourced quotes and then add a couple fancy words such as "foreshadowing" and "extensive literary devices". Piece of the proverbial gateaux as our physics teacher would say. Yeah ehm, NO.
Why not? because who wants to write a book report on  "Gossip Girl" (not that i've read that recently. It's merely an example). That would make you look so incredibly stupid it's not even believable.
Sure, I read my mom's "classics" as she calls them. The books that will shape my way of thinking past texting and facebooking people, but I always end up not remembering a word of what was written in them.
Therefore what must one do? There's the ones who watch the movies, or there's the ones who just wing it. Let's say im a complete winger. A short summary read here and a couple throwings of the book at the wall to find a random page on which it will land from which to source. But don't forget the fancy words!
Book reports. Book reports. Book reports - you are no trouble for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment