Monday, March 7, 2011

Chapter 20 (seeing as 19 has been substituted with another 17): That Kid

I think everyone has their That Kid.
You know that kid you see everywhere.
Maybe for you it's a That Guy, or a That Chick, or a That Punk. But I'm sure it's a That something and in most cases, you won't know their real name.
My That Kid is a kid with really blonde hair, maybe brown eyes, but he's in the year below me and I see him at least three times a day. That's quite a lot for a guy I don't even know.
It quite funny too, cause you see, I see That Kid everywhere, and I'm pretty sure he sees me everywhere too.
Every now and then we give each other looks that say "again" or "oh you".
It's kind of strange.
The problems with the That Kids' is that you always want to know their names.
The other problem is that once you find out, it's kind of an anticlimax.
When I found out my That Kids name, it just didn't seem to fit.
I mean, after time, it seems normal, and sure you try to actually say their name for a while, but in the end you just resort to That Kid, because that's what he is: That Kid.
And after a while, seeing him doesn't seem too weird anymore. It's like you know it's going to happen.
He was on the train alone once, and tempted as I was, I didn't go sit next to him. I didn't even go say hi.
Because the problem with That Kid is that you don't want him to think your a weirdo, following him around, acknowledging his presence every time you see him. Because your not. Well I do aknowledge that he's there. But you really want to actually say Hey, its me, and tell him your name. And you really actually want to know if he does see you around all the time too. You desperately want to know if your his That Chick or That Girl he sees everywhere to, but there's no real way you can ask him without sounding like a creep.
And there in lies the problem of a That Kid.
You'll never really meet because of the chance that you find out he doesn't see you everywhere. And if he does and you find out, you don't want him thinking your a stalker, although you pretty much know that your not following each other.
A That Kid never goes to being a That Friend I see everywhere because as soon as they're a friend, there's no longer the mystery. And what would you do after you initiated that first hi. Would you wave every time you saw each other? Would you acknowledge that you've actually talked when they pop into sight, which with him being That Kid, would happen a lot.
Honestly, I just want to say hi, without being seen as a creep, and I want to know that he sees as much of me as I do of him. Because I want to know that I'm not over reacting. I'm sure I'm not. Everytime I walk past That Kid when he's with his friends I swear I see his friends looking at me like I'm That Chick.
That Kid's are funny. Annoying but funny. However much you try they're always there, even when you think you're standing in the oddest of places. Because a That Kid will be a That Kid forever.
And all you want to know, is if your his That Kid too. But you never will.

-KELSEY

1 comment:

  1. I have a That Kid! Hes on my tram like every morning! Sometimes they disappear though. A friend of mine looked hers up when she didnt see him around anymore and now theyre friends haha =D

    ReplyDelete